Prismatic Perfection

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I love lighthouses in general and the one at Heceta Head in particular. I spent many summers at my grandmother’s house in Yachats just a few miles away. The light is still active and I love the intricacy of the fresnel lenses. Taken from my drone on my October trip.

Technical Details

DJI Mini 3 Pro
ISO 170, 1/15 2 f1.7

I love lighthouses too, Bill, and this is definitely a different perspective than we normally get to view, by you using the drone. Nice!

You’re really making it hard not to buy a drone with these images, Bill. This makes for a very unique and interesting view of a lighthouse. Very well done.

Nicely done. I spent quite a bit of time in that area back in October, taking a number of images of the same lighthouse so I became quite familar with the location If I may, if I were taking that image from the same location, I would have gone horizontal and taken in more of the fog and surf, even if in bokeh. It is a great spot to shoot, morning, evening, and at night.