Yellow-crowned Night Heron

This is probably the last image I will post from our recent Florida trip. Seen at Ding Darling NWR, Wildlife Drive.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600mm, monopod
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/2500s

@allensparks.wildlife
1 Like

Oh I’m jealous. These are such a treat to see and I love how nature has measured the legs for wading and cropped the tail accordingly. No wet feathers!

Anyway…it looks a tad underexposed to me. The portrait orientation works super and the sharpness is excellent. I’d also see if you can increase the blue of the water and keep the neutral gray of the bird - that might help it stand out a bit more since it’s almost the same color. Which, is part of its survival strategy, so maybe not.

Boy you are sure nailing the photos Allen. Very productive trip. Lovely pose and nice and sharp. I like the reflection and the vertical aspect. It could be brightened up some.

Excellent, Allen. With the neck extended, I didn’t recognize it at first. A very nice pose and your image quality is superb.

Very nice rendering of this heron, I like the sharpness. and the format.

Hi Allen
Thank you for this Yellow-crowned Night Heron photograph. (first time view of this Heron). The Heron’s coloring, feather detail and eye contact are great. The reflection, is the finishing touch.
Peter

A very pleasing image with good color, detail, pose and composition.

Nice to have it so free standing, Allen - I have seen them always close to vegetation, nice to have it out in the open for a change ! Cheers, Hans