Yellow-crowned night-heron

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Exposure time: 1/2000 s
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: Manual
ISO speed rating: 1600

Beautiful detail and a nice pose, Eddie. I like the habitat, but I think it would be advantageous to remove the extremely bright out of focus branches around the head and neck area at least. They t seem to dominate the bird.

Thanks. Yes they are a bit distracting

Nice bird-in-habitat shot. The OOF branches are not that disturbing to me, but should you be able to remove them in a nice way, that would probably enhance the image even further. Fine image either way! Cheers, Hans

Really nice look at this yellow crowned night Heron. Detail and color are superb. I do agree with both Dennis and Hans that the bright branches in the background around the neck area are a little distracting and could be removed.

An attractive look at the heron with good detail. I like the first for showing the heron’s habitat. I could see removing the branch behind the head in the first shot.

I love the close-up portrait with what seems to be a pensive expression. The detail is wonderful! I would remove the round highlight and the OOF twig behind the head. Maybe a subtle burn from the bottom would be good.

Agreed that the detail is very nice in both shots. As noted, the first one is pretty busy. It also looks like it needs some clockwise rotation. In the second, ideally, the bird would’ve been looking at you a bit more. Looking forward to more.