Yellow Rose

I wish I knew what rose this is. I found it at this perfect stage of opening – had to clone in a little in the LL to fill in a gap and distorted the right side a little as that last petal edge was a little too straight. Canon 5D4, Canon 100mm macro, f/4, 1/500 sec, ISO 100, tripod. That was about it. Cloned out 2 spots.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Diane: I don’t know the formal name of this rose but it looks like one that we have in our garden and is one of my reliable and perennial bloomers. I like your DOF/POF choice and the frame filling comp of this pleasing color palette. Top notch shot. >=))>

Diane, I love this image. The shallow DOF draws my eye to the edge of the petals that are sharp. The soft pastel colors are a real treat to the eyes. Looks like you did a fine job with your cloning. I have no idea the name of the rose, but it sure is beautiful. Excellent presentation.

Diane, I love the combination of sharp yellow center and blurred outside petals with pink edges. A nice delicate look!

A pleasing color palette and I agree you caught the petals at a perfect time.

Beautiful presentation of this gorgeous rose. Like your choice of soft focus and the gradual blur to the outside edges.

Beautiful and delicate image. shallow dof works very well in this image. Nice composition and soft colors make this image.

Thanks everyone! I was lucky to come across this one!