Yellow-rumped Warbler

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Adult male; Audubon variety

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 700 mm; 1/3200 at f10; ISO 4000

1 Like

Ah butter butts. They should be back in about a month or so and I hope I can get this close! Looks like he has his courting duds on. Great bright yellow. The branches behind the tail are a little weird, but what can you do? Nice job.

1 Like

Allen you’ve been posting some really nice shots of our local birds for us. This is another one. Beautiful, bright colors here with a really nice look. Branches already noted by Kris.

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith and @Ed_Williams for your kinds words. Here’s a version with the one branch removed, which I think helps. When I removed the other branch, I didn’t like the result as well, as I felt it connected the tree to the bird and the tree seemed too isolated otherwise-just my take; personal preference. Thanks again.

1 Like

Nice job on this one, Allen. Focus exposure, and eye contact are all excellent and as @Kris_Smith noted, this guy is in prime breeding plumage. The tree in the background doesn’t bother me much. It would probably make a difference in a photo contest, but not anywhere else.

1 Like

I never get to see these guys in breeding plumage down here so this is a treat. Well taken and I like the pose. Good head turn.

1 Like