Yellow-rumped Warbler

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another image from Magee Marsh. A common bird, but at least this is the eastern (Myrtle) variety instead of our western (Audubon) variety.

Specific Feedback

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 TC at 700 mm; 1/200 at f10, +1/3 EV; ISO 800

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Delightful image of this little beauty. WE’re out west, and I didn’t know there was an Eastern version - thanks for the lesson!

1 Like

Sweet image, Allen. I love the little head turn and slightly open beak-it brings the cute factor up a lot. I also like what you did with the border-I’ll have to remember that one.

1 Like

What a marvelous image. Very well done.

1 Like

Hi Dennis, I got the idea from you. You taught me the technique of getting the inner border even around the image.

Hi Allen, nice pose with the open beak and the body angled towards us. I like the slightly curvy perch. Good to see the bird in what seems to be breeding colors - we usually only see the winter plumage. Bird seems a tad soft to me. Pleasing BG sets the bird off well.

Nice catch with a lovely soft BG and a nice border. I don’t know the eastern variety but I wonder about backing off the contrast a little.

1 Like