1/640 sec, f/8
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +1/3
ISO: 2000
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off

1 Like

Great poses, Sandy. You might get rid of the stray oof branch in the upper left.

Good idea, thanks. I thought that branch might add some interest, but you’re right… done!
Sandy

What great colors, and I love the lower one looking right at us. Definitely better without the OOF branch.

Nice “butter-butts”! I am fortunate to occasionally see them around here and have gotten a few shots of some but I wish I had one with as interesting pose as these. Killer, and the yellow in the bokeh does not hurt a thing, either.

Love this; especially that wonderful background and the poses. That one is probably a Yellow-Grumped Warbler. Sorry, just had to say that.

Lol !
S

Hi Sandy, a really beautiful image with the yellow on the subjects and in the background. I like how the perch diagonally crosses through the frame. The poses are great. A very fine image.

Oh what a great name! It aligns perfectly with my experiences around them. While wintering in Bakersfield a few years back one of the Grumps figured out how to work our hummingbird feeders and proceeded to defend them (all 4 of them!) against humming interlopers. It was close enough for photos, but with so much to defend it never sat still long enough in the right places for me to try.

You nailed this shot Sandy!