Yellow Yucca Sunrise

This yucca plant grows (it’s approx. 4’ tall) in a neighbors yard I pass each morning on my walks. I’ve photographed it many times in the early morning sunlight. Sadly, after this past snow/ice front went through a couple of weeks ago, they plant has turned yellow. The neighbor explained to me she had planted it over 20 years ago and is hoping it will bounce back. Time will tell.

Does this image make you smile/happy? Sad because it’s fading? How do you response to the photo? Does the ICM add energy? Or it is too confusing?
All thoughts and comments are welcome.

Nikon D7200, f/11, 0.62sec., iso 100, @ 112mm. Handheld. Post process: PS curves and texture filter.

Linda, the spikes of the orange and how they fan across the frame is interesting and dynamic, the transition from orange to yellow to green also works well.

1 Like

This ICM makes me feel like I want to see more ICM’s from you, this image is fantastic. You’ve achieved just the right balance of sharpness vs. softness here. The orange spikes sort of remind me of flames. I think the warm colors add energy. And I would not have thought of sadness due to decay, other than reading about it in your description. I find your use of texture here to be extremely well done, it’s subtle but it enhances the image greatly in my view. It adds an extra twist that elevates this above ordinary ICM images.

1 Like

Linda, I like this image, but so sorry that the snow and ice has damaged it. I hope you made out well through the weather and no damage to your property.

Hopefully the plant will bounce back. The colors and the ICM works for me. Well seen and captured.

1 Like

@Mark_Seaver , @Ed_McGuirk and @Shirley_Freeman , thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. Looking forward to experimenting with more ICM images. They seem to fit my mood these days. Thanks again.

1 Like