"Whispers", Beaked Yucca

A beautiful morning at a local park. This yucca was calling for me to photograph it with some ICM. I’m glad I obliged :slight_smile:

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Any and all feedback welcomed!

Technical Details

6 sec, f/18, ISO 64, 105mm (prime

8 Likes

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous, @J_Fritz_Rumpf. I love the soft feel, along with the ever so slight movement you’ve created. I also like how you have placed the center of the yucca just slightly off center. Very nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

I love this so much! I’m trying to learn to get photos like this. It’s so delicate and I love the soft blue color you’ve achieved. The composition is perfect, just asymmetrical enough to make it interesting. Lovely lines moving through the image. Bravo!

2 Likes

Well done Fritz! Very high key, elegant, and soft. Reminds me of a fireworks exploding in the sky.

1 Like

Super shot @J_Fritz_Rumpf - I like that you chose Portrait here to create that explosive effect upwards which @Jim_Lockhart mentions. At the same time there is a beautiful softness, fading to the edges.

1 Like

Sweet looking capture Fritz! Your ICM has created a soft delicate scene of this yucca and the vertical framing helps emphasize the radiating lines spreading outward. No suggestions from me as this is beautifully done.

1 Like

It looks like some very gentle fireworks, Fritz, with a nice touch of sharpness in the leaves along with the over subtle color shifts.

2 Likes

Thank you Mark Seaver, Ed Lowe, Mike Friel, Jim Lockhart, Chris Baird, Linda Mellor. This was a fun morning at the Desert Botanical Garden here in Phoenix. I played with different exposure times, as well as different ICM techniques, and this is the one that jumped out at me. ChrisB., the best way to learn is to “just do it” (Not a Nike commercial :slight_smile: ), Seriously though, try every possible setting combination you can come up with, as well as moving the camera in every possible way you can think of. Trial and error :slight_smile:

Wowzer, I just love this. It’s sharp and soft at the same time. Very tough to achieve with ICM. I also love the delicate pastel greenish blue you achieved with this and those curled tips are the icing on the cake. Well done!!!

1 Like

Thank you, David!

1 Like