Yellowstone Breakfast

I couldn’t resist this scene with a Bison feeding her young calf on the top of a ridge. It seems like a classic big and small pairing. I’m expecting you folks to come up with some more novel big/small pairings. As I think more about the topic, I don’t think it needs to be restricted to two of the same thing and have modified the topic description accordingly.

Mark, I really love the way you captured them on the ridge, and they stand out against the blue sky. The title is perfect!

So sweet Mark. Hard to not just love an image of such a natural occurrence. I also like that the pair are isolated against the blue sky. Nicely seen.

Mark: Despite their vast numbers and easy accessibility I have few good bison images from Yellowstone. This looks great and tells a great story of life renewing. Well done. >=))>
PS: Looks like the challenge description has disappeared from the front page.

@Mark_Seaver - It is a classic interpretation, but very apt. I noticed the textures of their coats in contrast with the smooth sky. It seems to connect them to the ground, which also has a similar texture.

Great look at the bison and great moment as well. They are noble creatures. Very well captured.

Seems like the perfect photo for the topic. Well composed in a nice setting.

This challenge is a good one for wildlife family photos and this is a perfect example, Mark! The low angle with both of them silhouetted against the blue sky really puts the focus where it needs to be for this shot! Excellent capture with a calm and peaceful mood!