Young Aspen + Repost

I find this a quiet and peaceful scene. Nothing dramatic.

D810, 70-200mm

Good thoughts from @KenHebert and @Igor_Doncov. I toned down the grasses and tweaked the right rocks on the repost. Thanks very much for the input and ideas.

4 Likes

I love the tone and textures you have here. My one thought is to crop so the tree is is on left 1/3 approximately and that brings in the rust of the rock. Really like this shot. Well done

1 Like

The light trees against that background is a winning combination. A couple of suggestions: 1) the grass at the bottom is too bright. 2) there is an uneven brightness across the rock surface which, for me, I find the left side more attractive than the right, with the right trees feeling overexposed. Perhaps that’s why I cropped them off.

I do like Ken’s composition also. I like this image and I think it’s worth tweaking.

This is a nice peaceful image, Harley. I think the repost is an improvement. Not much I can add. The inclusion of the cutoff trees is always a question of way to crop or frame. I like the full image vs the isolated crops, but they would work too.

I like the tweaks to original image, Harley. Nice color and tonal values. I also prefer the framing of your OP. One reason is the curving tree on the right helps pull my eye into the frame.
-P

I like the tweaks in your repost Harley. Beautiful scene.

Harley,

Another great image from your trip to the East side. Great job isolating this autumn scene - a bit unique too set against the rock wall.

Your second version is excellent as I too thought the rock in the first was a little bright and inconsistent (little bit on the right).

The only thing different I might suggest would be to increase the luminosity of the central aspen. Just a slight adjustment would help make it stand out a little better as a central feature. Not a nit, just a suggestion. Otherwise just shaving a bit off the left to eliminate the lower portion of the cutoff tree onthe left edge. very minor.

Sure missed seeing this year. Oh well.

Lon

I like this scene Harley. The rocks are an interesting backdrop for the aspen. The repost is an improvement. Nicely done!

I really like what you did in the repost, Harley. Despite the “lack of drama” I don’t think it detracts from the beauty of this scene. This is the kind of image that really speaks to me. It just begs to be enjoyed for a long time. I like what Lon said about the center aspen. I do find myself wanting a little bit on the top though.

Really love what you have done. Like I said I love textures