Your Car is Your Blind. Please Stay in Your Vehicle

That’s what all the signs said at the refuges I visited in California. These folks are apparently illiterate, though I’d already talked to the two in the closest car about the subject not half an hour earlier.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Not the highest image quality by a long shot.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, beanbag on car window, f/8, 1/2500, iso 1000, manual exposure. Cropped to 4530x2934.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Yep, I see this when I drive/shoot down at the Merced NWR. Same thing. Prominent signs saying to stay in car but there are always folks there that “the rules don’t apply to them” out of their cars.

Doubly ironic is that the woman on the right is shooting handheld. She might have got a sharper image by staying in the car and bracing her elbows against the window frame. Maybe they were too lazy to turn the ignition off :laughing:

I’m drivin’ a Jeep so I am entitled to get out my car! I thought the laws didn’t pertain to people drivin" white SUVs.