Zooming in on a Maple

This is my very first attempt at In Camera Focus, or “Zoomie” as a photographer friend calls it. We had a very clear calm day, near the peak of our fall color. Today a Nor’easter blew through and that might have forced the peak of our fall colors for this year. My friend and I had just gotten to the Prothonotary Warbler Trail in the Nassawango Nature Conservancy near Snow Hill MD and this tree caught our eye.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D Mark IV. Canon 24-105 mm zoom lens. ISO 100, f25, 0.3 sec. Minimally processed in Lightroom. 100% of the image as shot.

2 Likes

Nice effect. Good dispersal of colors throughout the image.

1 Like

Very nice, Donna. I agree with @Michael_Lowe, good dispersal of the colors throughout. Great shot. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic pinwheel of color Donna.

1 Like

Great use of a zoom-blur Donna, using a vertical composition for this makes for a very dynamic image. Zoomie images often have a lot of implied energy and motion. In your image, I think it is slightly underexposed. And I think adding some more brightness and contrast would add some energy and vitality to the image that would be fitting for a Zoomie. If you don’t mind, here is a rework where I have done that.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions and positive feedback. Reworking to add brightness and contrast does seem to give the image more impact and energy! Thanks!

1 Like