2019 Winter Sunset on the Wrangell Mountain Range

I shot this panorama of Willow Lake and the Wrangell Mountains on the way home from Anchorage a couple days ago. I arrived there as the sun was going down and it was a clear day so I stopped to capture the scene. It was a little hazy but not too bad.

From left to right, the mountain peaks are: Mt. Drum (12,010 ft), Mt. Sanford (16,237 ft), Zanetti Peak (a small peak but 13,009 ft.), Mt. Wrangell (the wide flat one & 14,163 ft.) and Mt. Blackburn (16,390 ft.) A lot of very large mountains in one photo! The relative heights aren’t easy to see because of the significant difference in distances from the lake where I was viewing.

Click on it twice for extra detail.

4 horizontal photos stitched with AutopanoGiga. All photos taken at the same settings: Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 48 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/125, hand held.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A really neat panorama with fine detail, Gary. The mountains are awesome.

Gary, an amazing collection of high points needless to say. The largest version provides a wonderful look at the peaks too…:sunglasses:

btw: not too many boats out on the lake, or I should say snowmobiles…:clown_face:

Excellent look at a grand range of peaks. This would make a sweet print if you had the right place to hang it.

The details in the large version are exquisite, Gary. I think the pano format helps accentuate the feeling of wide open spaces. I also like the layering with the trees, then the frozen lake all topped off with the mountains being bathed in the warm light. Beautifully done.

Gary, that one long, thin image. It does a great job of showing off those snowy mountains. I also like the very jagged “mountains” along the front edge of the lake. Going to giant size display and scrolling across the view really lets the details shine. This would make an awesome room width display.

Gary, this is quite a nice panorama of the range. This one really has to be seen printed very large and hanging on a wall to be appreciated.