Winter Evening Wrangells - 2021

Image Description

A 6 horizontal photo, stitched panorama of Willow Lake, Alaska and the Wrangell Mountains. From left to right, the mountain peaks are: Mt. Drum (12,010 ft), Mt. Sanford (16,237 ft), Zanetti Peak (a small peak but 13,009 ft.), Mt. Wrangell (the wide flat one & 14,163 ft.) and Mt. Blackburn (16,390 ft.) A lot of very large mountains in one photo!

There is a lot more detail than can be seen in even the large version (2560) so here is a 4K version. I don’t know how it will look because this site sometimes auto compresses 4k images when I post them.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

One question I want to ask for comments on is whether or not I should have framed it with less sky and little more of the trees at the bottom. I thought I had more trees when I shot it but the stitching left me with what I have here.

Technical Details

Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 70mm (105mm w/crop factor), ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/500, 6 horizontal hand held photos stitched.

Both look the same so I guess the site did something, but it looks wonderful! The amount of sky looks good – I don’t think I would want less, but a little more of the trees would be good. A vertical set of maybe 10 should allow more FG.