Evening Light on the Chugach Range - Feb 2020

This is a favorite view of a part of the Chugach mountain range that can be seen ~10 miles West of Eureka Lodge on the Glen Highway, Alaska. I stop for a panoramic photo almost every trip to Anchorage from Valdez. It is such a huge expanse that only a panorama can do it justice. In this case, it was the gorgeous pastel evening light that made me stop.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 16mm, ISO-100, f/9.0, 1/50 hand held, 3 horizontal photos stitched.

2 Likes

What a pristine and gorgeous panorama you have created, Gary. I could stare at this image for hours. The light and sky and foreground trees are perfect in showing off the snowy mountain range. Great job in making the panorama too. My fingers are a bit cold thinking of setting up the image and snapping the shutter. I also bemoan the damage that climate warming is doing to the permafrost.

Very nice. I too feel cold looking at it. The degree of blue seems perfect. One change that might work: crop the left so that there is no empty space in the sky and so that the mountains are cut off on both sides. I think that would balance things better.