Evening Light on the Chugach Range - Feb 2020

One of my favorite 2020 panoramas. This is a scene from the Glen Highway, Alaska. It’s not far from the Eureka Roadhouse between Glenallen and Palmer. I love this location because the view is so expansive (you can see for many miles in every direction) and contains the long line of mountains that are part of the Chugach Range. The soft evening, blue light made it special so I stopped and shot a multiple frame panorama. I posted this in 4K so that you can click on it twice and zoom in + pan for more of a sense of being there.

All frames: Sony a6300, SE1670Z @ 16 mm, ISO-100, f/9.0, 1/50, hand held, stitched with AutopanoGiga

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@garyminish

Beautiful Gary. Your photo emphasizes the vast wide open spaces up there, at least how I have always imagined. When I zoomed in I was able to see the amazing amount of detail you’ve gotten. Truly wonderful panorama.

Beautiful panorama, Gary. I can see why you like that location.

Yes, it’s a terrific pano, Gary. The two long low clouds match the landscape well and the kiss of color in the light makes a fine change-of-pace from the snowy land.