Specific Feedback Requested

Constructive Comments

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 10D
Tripod/cable release
ISO 100
5.6 Aperture Priority

Wow, incredible scene Terry, I love it! Hard to tell whether those dark spots in the sky are dust spots or traces of clouds? Either way I think I would clone stamp out the darker ones. A higher res shot might be a bit more useful for critiquing purposes if possible. Just curious, what software did you use to edit this shot?

1 Like

Just Apple Photos, thanks for the comments!

This is a very lovely scene. The reflection and mist on the water add to the image.

The overall image saturation does not help the image. It feels quite unnatural and I would bring the saturation down a significant amount.

1 Like

This is a beautiful scene with some awesome light and I can just imagine standing there by that like, first thing in the morning.
Aside from the already mentioned dust spots in the sky, I quite like this.

Lovely scene for sure, Terry. My only suggestions would echo the already mentioned dust spots and lowering the saturation a bit. The mist floating over the water is a wonderful element in this image.

1 Like

Terry,

I’m really enjoying this scene as well. Terrific reflection landscape image - the ripples and bit of mist rising off the water really add to this one.

Another check on the dust bunnies… :slight_smile: I would agree about the saturation, but also what goes hand-in-hand with that is that IMHO, the contrast is a bit heavy as well. this makes the shadows on the mountain (and it’s reflection) very black - and in this case a bit on the blue side as well.

Love the symmetry here too. This hasn’t been mentioned, probably cause it’s really a nitpick - but you might consider cropping slightly off the left to remove the bit of rising mountain slope on that edge. No biggie though.

this has great potential for a metal or acrylic print!

Lon

1 Like