A Different POV

Looking for something a little different while at Longwood Gardens so I composed this image from the backside of the flower; forgot to take note of ID if anyone knows; to catch the nice lighting. It slipped my mind to change the ISO and f stop hence the 8 second exposure. Fortunately it was very calm.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D700, Sigma 185 macro, f 32 @ 8 sec, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
3 Likes

Very cool!! I might dodge the dark area at the bottom (or clone) but not a real biggie.

Ed: Well seen and superbly composed and captured. Not much help on the ID from this view but still a lovely image. >=))>

Great shot, Ed. Thinking outside the box. I would also dodge or clone out the dark section.

Love the unusual perspective and your processing. The softness works here. No nits from me.

Always great to see the world in unexpected ways. It’s not easy to compose these types of shots when you have a beautiful flower staring at you.