A Natural Pause

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In this image a pelican is at rest amidst the comings and goings of boats in the inlet. It stands alone, a calm observer to the day’s rhythms of maritime bustle. The image is a quiet tribute to those natural pauses that slow the pulse of coastal life.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

110 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄1000sec at ƒ/8

2 Likes

To me this one is a bit humorous, Saundie. It looks like an egg with a beak. I like the composition and the darkish look of the image fits your intended mood well.

1 Like

I love the egg with a beak idea, or a teapot. It was dark day. Thanks for the comment! :pray:

Don: I like the BW treatment as it really makes me look at the shape and detail in the bird.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I think the pelican is a bird that is perfectly suited to BW. :pray:

I also smiled at this one. It’s pleasantly odd.

1 Like

Thanks Don. Pleasantly odd describes it well! :+1:

Hi Saundie, the way you played with the light here works very well. The bird pops just right against the darker BG. Nice pose too - a little odd but quite effective.

Thanks Allen. I think the the pelican is a bird that is an expert in ‘the art of odd’. :+1:

1 Like