Journeys End

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A gentle touch-down marks the end of flight, as the pelican meets the old post with the precision of many journeys past. Its wings are still catching the sea’s breath, a testament to the miles flown, the pause as natural as the morning tide.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

200 mm at ISO 400 and 1⁄250sec at ƒ/13

1 Like

Hi Saundie, another nice catch of this pelican - they are quite photogenic. Nice pose you caught and good sharpness particularly for 1/250s. F13 gave you a good DOF. I like the black and white treatment. Well done.
Posting a smaller size may make it easier to evaluate the image. I tend to post a file size with 1200 pixels height for a horizontal.

Nice landing pose. Again, the black and white works well. That eye really stands out.

@Allen_Brooks @Allen_Sparks

Thanks for the feedback. Pelicans have been my bird of choice for a while, they are a big and slow and are a feature of the coastal region I live in. Will look at that file size, I know I changed what I was doing because of banding and solarization. Thanks again! :pray: