A new day

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

When I first looked at this (small) I thought that the foreground was too dominant but when I viewed it larger it seemed to fit into the overall image much better. I really like the warm muted tones throughout and it looks like you had a really calm and relaxing time out in those woods.

This is another peaceful woodland scene, Ben. The spacing of the trees works well and the list mist in the BG only elevates the peaceful vibe here.

1 Like

This is lovely, and does convey the idea of a new day, with that beautiful light streaming in from the top. I’m partial to the previous one you posted (which I think is from this same area), for it’s mood.

Again, similar to your prior post I think the significant crop on the trees works. The top of this image with the misty trees actually works really well. But I think the prior post is a stronger image, because it has more interesting light in the foreground than this post does. I think the foreground of this image could be improved by dodging the highlights. Here is a rework with that done, I used a TK Lights 1 luminosity mask, and painted with a warm color selected from the sky, rather than using a white brush.

1 Like

@Tom_Nevesely , @Ed_Lowe , @Bonnie_Lampley , Thank you all for your time and comments. @Ed_McGuirk , Ed thanks for your rework. I like it’s extra to the image.