Abstract #2

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

This can be identified, but may require a careful bit of observation.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

This is actually a full color photograph. I captured this image as I was overlooking one of the Black Sand Beaches in Iceland. I noticed a scalloped patterned line created by a wide angle shot of the receding waves into the distance. So, I changed to my telephoto lens zooming into individual sections of the receding waves and collected many images similar to this one. No two exactly alike of the white surf against the black sand. In post processing there was no need to convert to black and white .

Technical Details

Camera: Canon EOS R5. Lens: RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM, @ 168.0 mm, f/8.0 , 1/200 sec.
ISO: 400. Cropped, Rotated 180 degrees, Edited with Photoshop and Camera Raw.

Specific Feedback

Any and all comments welcomed.

2 Likes

This is an intriguing and unusual image. Good job.

Thank you, Don. I took a look at your portfolio and I see that you have a good eye for Abstracts as well. Bob

Hi Robert. That is unusual. I thought you had inverted a photo of mountains when i looked at the thumbnail. The black and white is nice, i appreciate just how dark the black is.

Thank you Cameron. I too think the inverted waves are reminiscent of mountains as well.