Abstraction #2

I nearly fell over when I spotted this, and managed to capture and process a reasonable semblance of what I saw. I shot it in 2005 and it’s still a favorite. (It is a nature image.)

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 20D, 24-70 at 24, ISO 200, f/11, 1/125. Minimal work in LR (re-developed with today’s version), mostly Clarity. Into PS for minor cloning and quite a few OCD local curves adjustments.

4 Likes

Wow! Great abstract. Looks like veins on an animal. BUT, maybe desert floor (maybe footprints in upper left); or flat surface of a rock, or (many more). In any event, really wonderful.

Fantastic color, shapes, and textures. This also looks as if it were taken from the air.

Quite intriguing, Diane. I also immediately thought of veins but the more I look, it could be many things as @Jim_Gavin suggested. Regardless, the soft colors and lines/movement are hypnotically wonderful.

@Diane_Miller, Yellowstone? Looks like it to me. I love the composition. It reminds me of a pic of blood veins. Well done!

WOW that looks like a screen shot of my Last Cardiac catheterization . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Looks like tree roots in stone
I love this

Diane, this is a well seen scene. The winding braided water trails fill the frame well and it’s neat that they peter out at the top. The deer tracks in the upper left (and maybe a couple of fox tracks, top center) tell me the size. I’m also intrigued by the sense that the darker, winding strips look raised, an optical illusion that I’ve seen a few times in my own photos.

I am thinking Yellowstone as well as I have a similar shot around the Grand Prismatic.

@David_Bostock and @Chris_Calohan, yes, Yellowstone, although I can’t tell from the filmstrip exactly where. I’ve always been bad at documenting locations, and even today have trouble remembering to turn on GPS, when it’s been available on the camera I’m using. @Mark_Seaver, good eye on the footprints!

1 Like