After The Rain @ Longwood

The rain really saturated the colors and left a slight mist in the air. This was one of the most pleasant shooting experiences I’ve had at Longwood Gardens. They were playing some Celtic music over the loudspeakers with that great Celtic drumming and flutes.

Normally I like silence while shooting but somehow it seemed to fit the mood.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Michael: Makes me want to brush off the seat and just sit there and enjoy the dripping and things coming back out of the rain. Beautiful little scene superbly captured. >=))>

1 Like

Yes, Mike, cloudy/rainy days do a great job of saturating colors. This is a fine look at a very inviting spot. You had a very productive rainy day at Longwood.

I love the lush saturated colors in this scene, Mike. I must not have been with you on that trip as I do not remember seeing this before. My only suggestion would be to clone out the cyan colored object in the BG shrubbery above the right side of the bench. Sounds like you had a great time.