Afternoon Ibis

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I got this white-faced ibis in a good late afternoon sun to catch its nifty iridescent feathers.

Specific Feedback

Is the cropping about right?

Technical Details

D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, 1/500th, f 9.0, 600mm, ISO 500, hand held, cropped to 4020 x 2949

The colors are gorgeous, Dave. It feels as though the iridescent colors are reflected in the ripples of the water. Great detail also. Nicely seen and captured.

Beautiful colors and a nice pose, Dave. If you have more room on the bottom it might be nice to provide some more room for the hidden legs.

Hi Dave, beautiful colors on the bird and sharp details. I like the water dripping from the beak as well.

That’s a great image, Dave. Nice warm sunlight. The pose is quite nice too. I agree with @Dennis_Plank on more room for the legs. Someone told me a long time ago to make sure you leave room for those hidden legs, otherwise the subject will feel cut off, even if you can’t see them…I don’t always succeed in the moment, but a I try.

Cheers,
David