Ancient Thirst

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This old rock, leaning over as if to scoop a drink from a pool of sea water. It’s been here so long, watching over the water like an old friend. The way it’s shaped, you can tell the wind and waves have been its companions for years and years.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄100sec at ƒ/8

1 Like

That’s epic, Don! It could be a poster for a Godzilla movie, just better. The clouds, the sea, the sand, and of course the rock which is even reflected in the water. You couldn’t make that up, but it is a good thing you were there to capture it so we don’t have to make that up. Nature at it’s best. Great capture and editing. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Holger! Love the Godzilla idea! I am lucky enough to live in an area that is full of Godzilla’s so having to make them up is not required. The authenticity of nature is unrepeatable. Thanks again for the feedback, its much appreciated! :pray:

Nice B&W graphic image. My initial thoughts were along the lines of @holgermischke . A dinosaur popped into my mind. Well done. The clouds are amazing.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. Yes we get some amazingly textured skies here, mainly in winter. Thanks for your comment! :+1:

What a great scene made all the better by superb processing. Your B&W conversion really brings out the textures, shapes and the flow of the clouds in the sky. It really does look like some sort of prehistoric dinosaur OR one of those Highland Scottish cows with the mop of hair on its head and face. LOL
The reflection adds so much to the scene, This is well seen and well composed. You gotta love nature for giving us these moments.