Angry Sea

During our 2 week trip to the Oregon Coast, more than half of the days were overcast. Since there were few spectacular sunsets, I tried to make the most of the wind and waves . This from Smelt Sands State Recreation Area.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Nikon D850, f/10, 1/200sec, iso 200, 62 mm

Wonderful power captured here! I love the dark BG and the seagull adds a very nice grace note.

Thank you for the kind words, Diane

What a wonderful image, Richard. I love the color of the water and that brooding sky. The splash of the wave against the rock is perfectly timed.

My eye keeps coming down to that bit of water in the lower right corner. Maybe it’s because I know what’s there (if this is Yachats). Or maybe it’s just bright enough to snap the eye?

I’ll be curious about other folks’ take on that. Really a nice stormy sea image.
ML

I feel your pain; misses are way more common than hits for sunsets on the Oregon Coast.

I like the bright/dark contrast. Was the foreground getting a bit more light? The way it fades into that dark marine layer is surely representative, and it looks good here. I like that gull too!

Thank you, John