Anna in the rain

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We had an inch of rain a few days ago. Not since summer. It was a welcome relief. We have a resident Anna’s Hummingbird who guards his feeder religiously. Normally, very handsome.
However, today, a bit bedraggled. I wanted to bring him in and gently blow dry his feathers. Give him credit for doing his job. Like the Postmen. He has returned today, non the worse for ware.

Specific Feedback

Any comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Canon R6, Canon 100-500, 500mm, f/7.1, 1/1000 sec, ISO 8000
LR adjustments and cropped. Enhanced to remove noise.

1 Like

What a fine shot! Man, talk about a waterlogged little guy… The courageous and bedraggled look on the subject, and the giant water droplets on the branches connoting the size of the little hummer make for quite an interesting scene. I wouldn’t change a thing.

A really nice image, Charlie. I like the idea of keeping the hummingbird small in the frame-it goes with the wetness and the feel of the image. Even the closed eye works well with this image. Well done.

Hi Charlie, I really like this in-the-garden scene with all the water drops adding interest and the hummer posing nicely for you. And of course his bedraggled look fits the scene.

Thank you. Glad to see him after the rain.