Another Heart Throb

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

More from the Lowes Water Garden. A veritable water lily paradise. >=))>

Specific Feedback

I’m pretty pleased with this one and several more to come. No significant color boosting.

Technical Details

Sony A7rIII
Sony FE 70-200 f2.8 GM-II, 2xTC @ 248mm
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f22


Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

  • Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Wow, heart throb is right. What a beauty. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen water lilies this color. Maybe at an arboretum or something, but I can’t recall. What a perfect specimen you found. I like the single leaf and the dark water to frame it. I wonder if you could isolate some of the highlights in the petals and bring them up. Point color might do it for the lightest purple. I love how many petals it has, too. What a huge bud it must be. Great depth and sharpness, too. Single frame? Must be at that f stop.

Careful, Bill, or we’ll rat you out to your wife for spending all your time consorting with these young lovelies.

A beautiful image. The colors of the blossom are wonderful and i like the inclusion of the mottled pad to set the bloom off so nicely.

Very well done.