Aphrodite's Glory

Belt of Venus over Badlands of Death Valley during a calm sunrise

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Feedback over composition would be welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

IG @Niknagane

1 Like

A nice set of different layers, shapes, textures and colors here! The only comments I have are that there maybe is a bit much sky, where apart from the salmon/pink to blue gradient not much is happening. I find the same gradient maybe a bit too saturated for my taste, especially the blues in the mg?

Definitely a beautiful sunrise and you have handled the processing to elevate this. Somehow I feel that I want more of the badlands in this shot to balance it a little more. The abstract feeling of the FG are somehow “diminished” by the mountain in the BG in this proportion.

Beautiful mix Nikhil. I’ll take a counterpoint to the above comments; I like the three layers as is. They are relatively equal, and I think the balance is very pleasing that way.

1 Like

A gorgeous shot Nikhil. Your processing looks great, and the colors turned out very nice, and realistic looking. I also like the three layers within the composition as you have presented them, I think you have a nice balance in the image.

If you wanted to go for more of an abstract image, to me there is a second alternate image lurking here that crops away all of the sky, and about half of the mountains. This would make the salt flats more important as an element in the shot, and place more emphasis on the badlands as an abstract subject.