Apple Blossom

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 121, 1/500 @ f7.1, ISO 800.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Shot a couple of years ago in a small orchard.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

We were just beginning to see some fruit tree blooms when we had a snow storm last week. Poor magnolia blossoms didn’t have a chance to even open. Hope enough apple blossoms survive so that there is a good crop of apples this year. Your image has a great composition and shows the delicate flowers nicely.

You found a great bunch of blossoms and chose an excellent angle, Ian. I really like the level of detail in the blossoms and the exposure level you used. My only nit is the small bright area in the background right above the highest petal. It really pulls my eye.

Ian: Ditto Dennis regarding the bright spot on the upper edge but the rest is marvelous. Apple and cherry blossoms seem like the quintessential heralds of Spring. Nicely done. >=))>

Hi Ian, I love the accurate light control and color saturation with the exception of the green too vivid for me. Excellent photo.