Are there fish in this stream?

This is one of two Big Blues that stayed around into Nov. at the Four Mile River, in East Lyme, CT. As you can see it’s early morning and this Blue had just finish working it’s way up the river. This is the only shot I have of it jumping down into a vary dry stream.

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm F8, 1/1250, -.7EV, 388mm, ISO 640. The shot is cropped by 50% into pan. I adjusted the highlights, midtowns, add some saturation and sharpened, the head in DxO PhotoLab 4.

I like the depth of field and the warm colors in this image. Nice look at the outstretched arms of this GBH. The panorama really works.

Unique crop for sure, works…

I like this, Peter. The pano crop was inspired. Lovely color palette and a nice look from the heron.

The photo really enhances their impressive wingspan. And a good catch to get the pose in this particular location. And good job on the focus. Spot on.

What a nice and creative crop - put real emphasis on the wingspan. Very pleasing image. Cheers, Hans

Hi Hans
Thank you for the comment. The two Blue that were still at Four Mile River have almost no fear of people, I was about 20 feet from it when the Blue dropped down into that stream.
Peter
Ps
You know I was only have some fun with you about laying down on a Dutch beach, on what looked like a nice summer day.

Hi Hans
The stream has around a 2 1/2ft tidal change and the Egrets and Herons fish the out going tide.
Peter