At dawn the family wakes up

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: D850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/60, f/11, ISO 800

Lilies in bloom in this warm November. The nice family is taken at dawn, with lateral and back light, behind the hedge in the shade in our garden.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Really like the delicate curves and details in this image. The back lighting enhances and outlines the edges nicely.

Gigi, a very beautiful image, with great colours and backlighting to make the petals luminescent.
I’m a fan of black BG’s too -
Sweet image!
Sandy

Very attractive, Was the BG substituted or just processed? As a Macro novice, how did you shoot f11 and get this BG?

Dan, I very often make photos with a black BG obtained in camera in a very simple way: I take a back lit flower against a stark shade that is easy to find with a back light and with a 200mm lens. In this case the BG was the hedge in shade of my garden. Then I expose for the highest tones of light in the subject with the Mode Spot so the BG turns fully under exposure becoming black. If the black is not total I darken it a bit more in PS. In this care there were two small spots left of green that I cloned very easily. In those cases the lens aperture has nothing to do with the BG.
Dan, thanks for your interest in this photo.

Gigi, you have taken a step ahead in your dark metier. This is a wall hanger and a contest winner!:heart_eyes:

Great composition, especially the arrangement of the arcs and in particular the green leaf on the left complementing the pink petal on the right. The silver delineation is the icing on the cake. No nits at all.

Gigi
This is simply superb, the backlighting is perfect for this subject and the subject position is also perfect. No suggestions from me for sure!

Very beautiful, Gigi. Superb lighting.

Very nice Gigi! I like this one as presented :beers: …Jim

Gigi: Spectacular! Love the color of the blooms and their pristine condition. The light is wonderful. Most excellent.>=))> :+1::+1: