Autumn Along Jessup Path

Jessup Path is a great place to get away from the crowds while in Acadia NP and Mike and I usually pay it a visit when there. I have not walked the whole trail, but this is a nice section, particularly in the fall. This particular day there was a good breeze hence the high ISO.

As always thanks for taking a moment and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 32 mm, f 11 @ 1/25 sec, ISO 1000, MLU, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Real nice fall scene, Ed. Love the leafy and dirt side by side twisting pattern kind of out to infinity. No suggestions here.

If you keep sharing your “get away from the crowds” locations, they will get crowded. :grinning:

This is beautiful image Ed!

Personaly I would cool it down, darken left and right and brighten and warm up in the middle. Really great shot, love it!

Goodness, I would love to talk a walk there! I wouldn’t change a thing.

Ed, this looks like a lovely path for a stroll. This fall view has lots of warm, inviting colors. The three big birches/aspens work well as a lead in. I might tone them down slightly to let the distant views get a touch more attention.

Not many people consider photographing the trail on a hike. I like the simple and effective design created by the trail with leaves and the trees. Terrific job of seeing and visioning.

This is one of the nicer trail images I’ve seen. Perhaps it’s the twist of trail at the end. Or perhaps it’s how the trees are bent in a manner like the trail.

Lovely hues throughout, Ed and a neat composition - the fg trunks frame the pathway so well, leading your eye into the depths. A very calming image !

Great autumn scene, Ed. That path is so inviting. Framed very nicely with the trees in the front. Couldn’t ask for better.

This is beautiful! I think that the comp is right on. I will say though that I like Gregor’s slightly darker version as well.

Excellent leading lines from the trail and very easy to place oneself in this image. I think I prefer the less contrasty image that you posted first.

Thanks everyone @Harley_Goldman, @Gregor_Jeric, @Bonnie_Lampley, @Mark_Seaver, @Larry_Greenbaum, @Igor_Doncov, @Ian_Wolfenden, @Michael_Lowe, @Tom_Nevesely and @David_Schoen for taking a moment to leave a thought as it is always appreciated. Glad everyone enjoyed the image.

@Harley_Goldman: Good point! Those lesser crowded areas are getteing harder to come by.
@Gregor_Jeric: Thanks for taking the time to do a rework. I like your take as well.

Ed, I always enjoy scenes that entice the viewer to want to look further into the image by providing guard rails if you will. In some cases they’re natural ones such as this and others can be man made such as tunnels or hallways.
This scene works so well on that idea of leaving me yearning to take this pathway to see what is just around the next bend. Love it… :sunglasses:
btw: I was going to mention bringing the brightness down when I also saw the reworked version here. I do like a darker look in the end… :thinking:

Thanks for the kind words @Paul_Breitkreuz. I too like the slightly darker repost. Always good to have options.