Bath Time in the Duck Pond

What technical feedback would you like if any? At ISO 1250, did I control the noise adequately?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? How do you like the composition?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, 600mm f4 + 1.4 TC (1/1000 sec at f8.0, Iso 1250, 850mm) Topaz Denoise AI, Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Crop for comp. Male bufflehead taking a bath. Enjoy…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jameszablotny

Hi Jim
Is this a Bufflehead? The photograph looks clean and the detail is good. I like the water drops and wing action. Nice job.
Peter

Nice moment you caught and you did a perfect job on the whites, Jim. I also like the job you did on the iridescent head colors. Excellent image.

1 Like

A nice capture of a skittish duck. I like the pose and the water droplets, the water shows some nice colors and the bufflehead’s colors came out well. No nits here.

Hi Jim, really nice look at this bufflehead. Exposure looks great in both the whites and darks. Love the iridescence. The action is nice with the water drops and wing position. Also like the reflection and placement in the frame. Well done.

1 Like

Most have been said, Jim, a hard bird to get right, You did very well. Should I have one wish, it would be a slightly lover POV, but other than that very nice as presented ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like