Beach Rocks

I posted this at the old NPN. Due to this week’s challenge, I looked at it again. In the old post, I had it rotated 90 degrees clockwise from this orientation. I like it better this way, it has a better flow to my eye. This is the beach a few blocks from my house.

D810, 70-200

Nice little scene. That’s a lovely contrast between the brown rocks and gray sand. I like your processing - it’s almost shimmering.

Real nice, Harley. We all need a 90 degree rotation from time to time.

Excellent image here, Harley. I really like the marbling in both rocks…:+1:

Excellent Harley! Alternatively titled, “Exposed…” That is what strikes me is how the rocks are/were covered with the sand and the receding waves washed the sand away exposing the marbled rocks and creating the cool patterns and details in the sand.

No suggestions. A great entry.

Lon

Harley: Wonderful combination of elements and a fine comp and capture. Well seen. >=))>

Harley,
This is a wonderful intimate scene. I am thoroughly enjoying the color palette along with the textures and details in the sand; particularly those graceful lines on the left. Great eye to spot this beauty.

Hard to argue with a beach “a few blocks” from home, Harley. This is a fine, close-up look at a beach. The triangle of seaweed emphasizes nicely the lines in the sand while the two stones add a strong anchor to an ephemeral scene. A fine job of “seeing”, with the vertical triangle adding a lot to the presentation.