Beauty and the Beast

While I am a big fan of back lighting on macro, sometimes its tempting to take images with frontal lighting. The deadly green lynx spider.

6DII, 180 Tamron, ISO800, F10, 1/320

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom

Oh how wonderful - the face is perfectly lined up between those gloriously prickly legs. Love it and wish it would enlarge. You even have a trace line of silk there in the LLC. What a predator! My only suggestion is to ease down the highlights in the pink a little. I keep looking there instead of your model.

Balan, I like this shot. The background makes him and the flowers stand out nicely. I agree with @_Kris that the pink flowers could be toned down a bit, but other than that, you managed to get in close and show his face well. They are quite the predator. I wish they wouldn’t grab our bees. We need them. Nice shot.

Nice one Balan, never say this one before. Very sharp on the eye so that draws me to it better. The bright pink being reduced will help avoid it as a distraction. Great Photo image

Super crisp spider there. Excellent capture with sharp eyes and hairs on the legs. Nice to have similar tones (green and pink) in the spider and the flower as well. Really ties the composition together, but I must agree with those that spoke before me. The bright pink of the flower competes with the spider for attention. There is also a bright white spider thread (?) in the lower-left corner I would consider removing in post-processing. The straight line draws attention, breaking up and contrasting with the flower. All in all, though this is a great macro image of a very nice photogenic spider.