Beauty from the Beast

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Chrissy has been acquiring a nice collection of cacti and succulents. We have had this bunch of pincushion cacti for several years and it has never flowered. This year there are a bunch of buds but only this one has gone beyond the bud stage and produced a flower. It was much more than I had expected. Alas it only lasted a couple days before withering but I had two days of good sessions with it. For a look at the “Beast” go here All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM-II @ 140mm
ISO 1600, 1/1000 @ f4, 9 image stack

1 Like

This is gorgeous, Bill. The flower’s shape is perfect. I like the complimentary color in the background. It’s terrific in every regard.

This is outstanding Bill. The colors and DOF are perfect. Great title. Too bad they fade so quickly. Hopefully you’ll get more soon.

Gorgeous flower, Bill, and very well photographed. Your stack worked perfectly to get the whole thing crisp and leave that thorny background well muted.

This truly is as good as it gets for closeup / macro work, Bill. The detail, color, lighting is perfect… :sunglasses:

All said above Bill, an amazing image and flower! :clap:

What a wonderful flower. It looks so delicate. I love the intricate details in the center. And, of course, I love it because it’s pink.

Aesthetically and technically superb. Beautiful.