Bejeweled but Nobody Home

One early morning some years ago in the Everglades. I found this web along a side road while waiting for the light to come up at the Anhinga trail. Certainly not the quality of @Ed_McGuirk’s recent post, but at least I was able to have calm conditions. For so many spider images I’ve taken, the web is something I’ve rarely pursued. Not really a macro, as I was a fair distance away.

E-3 Zuiko 50 F/2, ISO 100 on tripod, cropped to 4x5 to remove brighter sky area

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I really like the comp here, Bill. The bg is also excellent. The poor spider looks like it might have imbibed some LSD in a couple spots on the web. LOL. Nice work.
:vulcan_salute:

Bill,

Quite beautiful. A wonderful capture of the dew-laden web. I’m guessing a web shot like this is on all our bucket lists. I don’t seek them out per se, but you can be sure I’ll photograph a beauty like this.

No nits or suggestions.

Lon

Beautiful, Bill!! Excellent composition and great detail. No nits here, I am just thoroughly enjoying this one.

Really like it, Bill, in all its saggy, droopy symmetrical glory.

This turned out rather nicely, Bill. It looks like little pearls on a multitude of strings. I have not had the good fortune to actually see one of these beauties, but hopefully one of these days.