Binky

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 200mm f4 micro, D500 (0.6 sec at f25, ISO 200) White Balance adjustment, black point set, sharpen. One from Jenny’s dahlia collection. I set up my softbox on the deck and used some fill at -1.7 compensation for shadows. The flower is about 2 inches in diameter. I also rotated the image to get the stem vertical and addedf some canvas to replace canvas that wasd lost during rotation followed with a crop.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

It’s a real beauty, Jim. You really managed the lighting well. I could see this hanging on a wall.

1 Like

Jim
Its gorgeous ! Is “Binky” the name of the dahlia variety? Lovely curls.

1 Like

Yes, the variety is named Binky. I purchased it as a gift for Jenny from Swan Island Dahlias.

1 Like

The best place for dahlias!! Would like to go there someday.

Yes, and they are a photographer friendly place. I ordered a bunch for Jenny one Christmas and she has about 25 varieties in bloom. I take photos for her to document her collection.

Jim: the Dahlia is a beautiful blast of color and detail against the black background. It’s a wall hanger. Richard

1 Like

Jim: Classic portrait superbly done. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like

Jim, Beautiful image! Black background works very well. sharp and crispy with excellent details.

1 Like

All said above – I’ll just add a WOW! I love the little curly petals on dahlias. The little leaf is the grace note. You both must have a wonderful collection of dahlias.

1 Like