Blue Dasher Dragonfly

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Saw this blue dasher at the boat dock of my neighborhood lake this afternoon.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon 90D, 300 f4L IS, 1.4x extender II, monopod
ISO 640, f16, 1/320s

Very nice, Allen. Wonderful details, and I love the composition. He stands out nicely against the BG too. Right off, I can’t think of anything to improve the shot. Well done.

WOW! Sharpness, detail, color, BG – and you’ve resolved the detail in the compound eyes! No suggestions from me, except to submit this to a site that shows pictures for ID! I didn’t realize they had this subtle gold color in the wings. I’ve never seen it in ours (coastal central CA), unless I’ve been mis-identifying them. Green eyes, white face, that’s the ones I’ve been thinking are Blue Dashers. I think the abdomen tip may not be as dark on ours. Hmmm – I need to look closely at the ones I’ve photographed.

The diagonal presentation works very well for this case. Excellent detail in the body, head, and wings. Blue dashers are the most commonly photographed skimmer due to their abundance and bright colors. And this one displays perfectly against the BG which contains mostly warm tones. I like this one as presented…Jim

Woah! You’ve topped that last one with the drama and boldness of this. Great detail as noted by others as well as that strong X formation. All the colors look natural and the background is to die for. You are a whiz with these guys.

Aren’t they amazing little creatures? I am always in love with their wing structure the most. I love the angle that you captured him and the sharpness is spot on. Great shot!