Brown Eyes

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything you can think of that would improve the shot.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I cropped in some because part of the background was distracting. Everything look okay now? See any distractions? Any improvements you see.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 100 mm L lens, KX-800 twin flash with DIY diffuser. Settings manual, f19, 1/125, ISO 400. Edited in LR, Topaz AI Clear and NIK Collection.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Shirley, I think everyone would agree that your DF closeups are always excellent. It’s technically well done, the exposure and the focus on those amazing eyes, all pure perfection. Positively no nits from me.

Thank you, Bill, that is very kind of you. They are a lot of fun to photograph. Some cooperate, and some don’t.

Another terrific “the eyes have it” look at a dragonfly, Shirley. I love it when the viewer can count the facets in the eyes (if you had enough time…). The details in the eyes and face are outstanding. The crop looks great.

Thank you, Mark. I felt like this one was a pretty good shot, but I trust all of you here at NPN to help by bringing out anything that might improve the shot. This was the closest one has let me get so far I think. I just talk to them and tell them that they have pretty eyes. Seems to work, sometimes.

Shirley, I do now agree that I need not tell you anything about dragonflies. Getting the complete curve of the eyes in focus and sharp is no easy. Beautifully executed. Very well Done
Balan Vinod

Thank you, Balan. I appreciate that.

Hi Shirley,
this is great - the critical focus on the eyes is wonderful - love seeing those compound eyes. And I really like the color tones in the image. Very well done!

Thank you, Allen, and I hope you had a great workshop, and now ready to try out your new twin flash!

Shirley: A face only a mother could love :wink:. Masterful DOF management and a fine result. :+1::+1:>=))>

Thank you, Bill, that is very kind of you to say.