Buddies

I had to fix this one so here’s the repost on the second one – an easy fix that I should have bothered with up front:

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An oldie. This little series always makes me smile – I think it’s because of that cute little tail – and because I had no idea that sea lions have tails. Who knew?? (I kick myself that I didn’t get all of it in the second shot.)

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 9.30.59 PM

Minimal adjustments, mostly cropping – no cloning.

Sweet series, Diane. You know it is special when you automatically remember it years later. There is so much to enjoy in each of the photos. Yes, the tail for sure……I had no idea sea lions had tails either. The eyes of the two lions in the second image are priceless and the flipper around the other sea lion is precious! Truly a wonderful collection. Glad you remembered it and thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks, @linda_mellor! And I couldn’t stand it and had to see if I could fix the middle image. It was easy!

BTW, I never saw the rest of the one with the tail – maybe he suffocated…

This is really cute Diane. Love the comraderie, love the flipper over the others, and especially love that little tail.

Sea lions have such soulful expressions. The “fixed” frame with that cute little tail (I didn’t know either) and the pair of eyes gets my vote. Diane, thanks for sharing this series about the life of these fetching creatures.