Butterfly + Repost

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5ds-r, f 5.6, 1/400, iso 100 with 180 macro lens.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Lovely image of the butterfly. Nice composition and great colors. May be toning down the flower on the right may help keep attention on the butterfly. I see some artifacts above signature.

Re-Post Thanks Ravi, Artifacts cleaned up.

John Wayne, this is a nice look at a Painted Lady. Sharpness right where it is needed. I like your repost. I think Ravi’s suggestions were helpful. Did you use a flash? The lighting looks like it might be, with the shadow below the BF. Nice look at her.

I added “+ Repost” to let others know you have made some changes.

Repost looks good. Ravi took care of mentioning my only concerns. Well done…Jim

Thanks Shirley for your helpful comments, no flash was used just a bright day.

Thanks Jim, appreciate your comments both pro and con. I have learned a lot by reading and heading the helpful remarks and advice… .thanks again.
Wayne

John Wayne: The repost is excellent. I think eliminating the flower on the right side completely was the right call. Just in case you’re into correct ID, this is actually a Buckeye and not a Painted Lady. I’m going to have to send Shirley back to school :wink:. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

1 Like

Thanks Bill, I will be glad to school with Shirley. This is, indeed as we say in Southern Maryland , the Common Buckeye among its many varieties of this butterfly.

1 Like

John Wayne, this is a good look at this Common Buckeye. Catching the touch of green iridescence along the leading edge of the wings is a nice extra.

Thanks Mark, I had the second of two cataracts removed this week with hopes of presenting posts with more clarity and more control of white balance than before. Will be a month before my sight is clear again for new posts and or comments.
Wayne