Uncommon Buckeye Butterfly

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. Canon 5DSR, 180 Macro , 1/200 sec., iso 400 at f 13. Used Topaz to de-noise , Actions for neon overlay and Photoshop to crop, increase saturation and lighten subject.

Wayne, I don’t think I have seen this treatment before, but it is pretty neat. I see one little speck of white in the black BG below the butterfly. Very nice.

Re-Post to clone out spots.

This would make a beautiful broach that I would be proud to wear. Congrats on a wonderful treatment. What software did you use?

Hi Patricia, I used LR and Photoshop. Found in Photoshop under “Windows”, “Actions” an option to create this “neon” treatment. Used Photoshop “Image,” “Adjustments” to jack up “Hue/Saturation.” Also used the pencil tool to make minor changes to a couple faint lines and clone stamp to clean up some artifacts. Hope this helps.
Wayne

It’s refreshing to see some creative treatment in our nature photography. We used to have a whole category of “Creative” that I enjoyed a lot. I miss it but this is a good example of the unique treatment that can emerge. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Kathy, I’ve been around a long time, have seen a lot and don’t mind stepping outside the bounds once and awhile, so what the . . . .
Wayne

John Wayne: I like what you’ve done here with a subject that lends itself well to the treatment. Unique and very pleasing image. >=))>

Nicely done Wayne. l like this creative rendition of the buckeye.