Common Buckeye

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5DSR, 180 Macro lens with 1.4X, f 13 , 1/200 sec., iso 400. editing limited to slight denoise and sharpen, some cropping and cloning out of lower bright bud.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

John Wayne: Excellent capture of this beautiful subject. I especially like the perch and the position of the butterfly in the frame as well as how much environment you’re showing. My only suggestion would be to burn in the relatively bright BG grasses, especially those close to the right edge. >=))>

Wayne, I echo what Bill said. This is a beautiful capture. I like how the lighting is coming in from behind the BF. Very nicely done.

Thanks to Shirley and Bill. Repost for burning down stems on the right.

The second version is improved over your first one. I wish the BG was lighter than as presented. My guess is that the BG consisted of shadowed areas. Otherwiuse, Well done…Jim

John Wayne, this is a good look at this Buckeye and it’s surroundings. I like the dark background and think it helps show off the butterfly. I am wondering about the disconnected leaf in the lower right.

Thanks to all, I’m not sure what the disconnected leaf is, Mark. I reviewed the RAW file and it is the same.