Bye bye 2020!

Here’s my favorites from 2020. It was a horrible year in so many ways, but I’m thankful for the first two months in Death Valley when life was normal, and that we were able to escape to Yellowstone a couple of times to escape the harsh reality we live in currently. I still have loads of images to work through, but these are the best that I have processed so far!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year, thank you all for believing in NPN and making it the best community out there!

4 Likes

David: not sure if it’s just me, but I don’t see your image?? . . .they seems to be taking forever to load??

That’s odd, there’s actually 10 of them. Does anyone else out there see them?

David, Ok, now they are there. Perhaps it is just my computer and internet.

1 Like

David, these are amazingly awesome photos. . . images that I aspire to be able to capture at some point. NPN has been the best thing that has happened to me this year. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this website, the webinars and the community at large. Like your images; you’re “awesome!” . . . . . love the sprinkling holidays lights also! I wish you and your family the best this holiday . . . .take care.

Aww thank you so much Linda! I hope you have a happy holiday as well :blush:

1 Like

Some awesome images, David. I’m particularly fond of the 7th-great composition.

Wow, David! Not only do you run an exceptional photography site but you’re also a great photographer! This is a fine collection of landscape photos. I’m particularly partial to the following photos:

#3 - I love all the textures, lines, shapes and subtle colors in the dunes.

#4 - Awesome viewpoint, amazing shapes and fine details and the gorgeous coloring.

#7 - The spotlighting on the spruce and the highlighted ridge are spectacular but what makes it even more special is the shaded background details that provide depth and context.

#8 - The light on the geysers is exceptional and the subtle colors of the surrounding ground are a very nice bonus.

Way to go and Merry Christmas plus a Happy New Year!

If I had to choose, it would be #3, but glad I don’t have to! Thank you for this site – joining it is also the best thing I did in this strange year. Hope we can all survive a while longer and get back to normal, maybe with renewed appreciation for the small stuff.

A good year indeed. #9 for me but there were others just as good.

Wonderful set David! You make it very difficult to select just one but I think that #3 is my favorite. Happy holidays to you and Jennifer and may 2021 be a better year for all of us.

David, a great set of images. I’m especially drawn to the vertical that you chose for the cover. The long lead-in of the ridges makes the sense of depth outstanding. You got great light for the moody view of the Porcelain Basin. The “infinite dunes” view works as both reality and an abstract with all of it’s shapes and textures.

David, a super collection of images. It’s hard to isolate to just one as a fav for me, but the DVNP horizontal scene is excellent. I’ll go with that one… :+1:
Yes, the world has had an extremely tough go of it this year. As a relic of times gone bye myself this one has been brutal… :disappointed_relieved:
Anyway, hopefully much better times ahead for all out there who have suffered… :hugs:

Wow David, great collection. Maybe there is something good about 2020 after all :smile:

The marvelous light, color, and atmosphere in #8 makes it my favorite. It just jumps off the screen at me. And image #1 appeals very much to me as well. I love seeing the shadowed snow with the warm colored ridges.

And thank you for all your hard work at making NPN 2.0 what is is today.

Thank you, David & Jennifer, for running NPN and giving us a such a great forum for sharing, learning, and discussion. :+1:

I love #2, with that bright cloud and patch of light in the darkness. And the colors and textures in 3 & 4 are gorgeous. My favorite, though, is #8 - the geysers, because it has such a mysterious mood.

Nice job David, there’s a great variety here. The main thing I see in common is close attention to light. I think my favorite is #8. From far away it looks abstract but close up it’s more literal to me (like when you can see the drops of water frozen by a fast shutter speed).

@Dennis_Plank @Gary_Minish @Diane_Miller @Igor_Doncov @David_Haynes @Mark_Seaver @Paul_Breitkreuz @Ed_McGuirk @Bonnie_Lampley @Brent_Clark Thank you all so much!

1 Like

Very inspirational images from a crazy year. Looking forward to 2021 and more NPN.

1 Like

Fantastic and inspirational images David! Looking forward to 2121 and a fresh start!

1 Like

Great collection, @David_Kingham! I especially like the Death Valley images and the blurred snow scene (2nd to last).

Thank you for all you do to support our photography community. I feel like I have a caring and supportive family out there who helps me grow as a photographer and as a human being through NPN.