Can't Make Up My Mind

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: D500 600mm f4 (1/640 sec at f5.6, ISO 2000). Topaz DeNoise AI, Levels, and slight crop for comp. Jenny accompanied me to one of our local Metro Parks where people feed the birds. Most of the common species will land on your hand and I have had downy woodpeckers sitting on my shoulders as I lug my optical equipment around the park. Black capped chickadee, tufted titmouse, and downy woodpecker feasting on a dark November morning. The poor little chickadee could not figure out which peanut to grab. Enjoy…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A very cool group of images, Jim. For some reason, we’ve never been able to get the Black-capped Chickadees out here to do this, though our Chestnut-backed species is quite willing to do so. The Downy is an interesting one-not one of the species I would expect.

1 Like

Wow, Jim, not one but three different birds eating out of the hand! I had one hummingbird one time to eat out of a handheld one hole hummingbird feeder. It was the neatest thing feeling the wind from the wings moving. But this is just way too cool. Our birds won’t come within many yards of me when I am out in the yard. I haven’t tried feeding them with peanuts (guess that is what it is). I love all 3 shots, but that first one with the bird looking down like he is trying to decide if he wants any is really my favorite, I think.

1 Like

Get a Downy on your hand is a nice trick…

1 Like

VEEERY cool! I didn’t realize a Downy is so small.

1 Like

And nuthatches were visiting us as well. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a picture of species #4.

Jim, Its so enjoyable to see these species land on the hand. The photos connect as they also land on my set-up perches but not on me as yet. Will try your approach and see if they respond. Great look.
Wayne

1 Like