Carolina Wren Asked-What is This?

I like the falling snow and the birds seemed to be excited , even pensive as the snow fell.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Used a shooting tent with Canon 5ds-r, 100x400x1.4 lens, at f-8, 1/320 sec and iso 1000.

elwise44
2 Likes

Another sweet wren shot! It’s beautiful and I wouldn’t change a thing!

That little wren is earning its keep. Lovely photo. I especially like the setting and pose. I might have a look at taking out the berries and the little grass poking in half way up left side. Pretty sweet to get the wren in the snow.

1 Like

Thanks to all , as per David, this post references the grass and berries.
Wayne

A great setting and a great pose by the wren . Image quality is really good. I prefer the re-post with the berries removed. If mine, I’d consider cloning out the leaf (I think) on the right hand side of the frame and desaturating the green grass.

Nice IQ, and interesting detail in the snow just below the Wren. I wonder if there is a little more detail elsewhere in the snow? Nice that the grass gives a leading line to the Wren. A bit of lower saturation on the greens could be interesting, or bend the greens just a bit warmer to be more analogous to the tans in the bird. So much better without the berries!

Very good, Wayne. I’m sure you could play with removing bits here and there for a day or two, but this looks fine to me.

Thanks to all and suggestions are greatly appreciated for improvement. Originally, the green leaves were left in to show the existence of summer green against the snow. I agree with all suggestions and will post changes later.
Wayne

This is so much fun - as we hardly have any snow around here, I am already stoked seeing birds in the snow, but this wren stands out perfectly here ! I like both images, the repost a bit better though. Cheers, Hans